Lucknow: Under the leadership of former Congress President and MP Rahul Gandhi, the Bharat Jodo Yatra of Congress, which started from Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu, is nearing its end. Friday is the 132nd day of this journey. Bharat Jodo Yatra will conclude on January 30 at Sher-e-Kashmir Maidan in Srinagar. Efforts are being made to establish unity among the opposition parties through Bharat Jodo Yatra. There will be a convention of all 23 opposition parties on January 30 and that will be the last function.
Covering 12 states,
Rahul Gandhi’s Bharat Jodo Yatra started from Kanyakumari on 7th September. This journey has so far passed through 11 states Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, and Punjab. Congress’s Bharat Jodo Yatra of 3750 km passed through 12 states. During this, Rahul Gandhi not only talked to the common people but also understood their issues. It will cover a distance of 3,750 km from Kanyakumari in the south to Kashmir in the north. This journey will end on January 26 in Jammu and Kashmir.
Bharat Jodo Yatra reached UP as well
Congress’s ‘Bharat Jodo Yatra’ has been completed in Uttar Pradesh. In UP it lasted from January 3 to January 5. Rahul Gandhi walked 130 kilometers from Ghaziabad’s Loni border to Shamli district’s Kairana-Panipat border.
Important political events related to Bharat Jodo Yatra
1. This year assembly elections are to be held in 9 states of the country. Apart from Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, and Telangana, there are Tripura, Meghalaya, Nagaland, and Mizoram in the Northeast.
2. Speculations are also being made that the government in Jammu and Kashmir may hold assembly elections here next year.
3. Out of 9, 2 states Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh currently have a Congress government. Saving its government in these states will be a priority for Congress.
4. The main objective of the Bharat Jodo Yatra is believed to be to improve the image of Rahul Gandhi.
5. During this visit, some statements of Rahul Gandhi remained in controversies as well. When Rahul’s yatra reached Maharashtra, he addressed a public meeting here and said that all the jobs in Maharashtra are given to Gujaratis. After this, Rahul also made a controversial comment about Veer Savarkar. Rahul said during the speech that ‘Where Lord Birsa Munda fought strongly against the British, he did not bow down before them. On the other hand, Savarkar succumbed to the British. Controversy over this comment given about Veer Savarkar increased so much that the leaders of Congress’s ally Shiv Sena Uddhav faction had to come on the backfoot.
6. On the one hand, Bharat Jodo Yatra was going on. On the other hand, on September 12, a photo of RSS’s khaki half pants being set on fire was posted by the Twitter handle of the Congress. The party wrote in the caption of the photo – 145 more days. After this tweet came to the fore, the BJP had said that this picture is going to propagate violence against the Sangh.
7. There was a lot of controversy over Rahul Gandhi’s T-shirt during the Bharat Jodo Yatra. The BJP alleged that Rahul Gandhi is walking around wearing a Burberry brand T-shirt, which costs Rs 41,000, during his walk. After raising the issue of T-shirt on behalf of BJP, Rahul’s watch and his shoes were also criticized.
8. Many Bollywood celebrities including Kamal Haasan also reached the Bharat Jodo Yatra.