Many Cong leaders were detained during the protest, and the ED questioned Rahul Gandhi for ten hours


On Tuesday, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) questioned senior Congress leader Rahul Gandhi for several hours for the second day in a row in connection with an alleged money laundering case involving the National Herald newspaper, despite protests by senior party leaders, prompting Delhi Police to detain many of them, including MPs.

On Tuesday, Rahul was interrogated for nearly ten hours and was summoned again on Wednesday.

The Congress claimed that police assaulted some of its leaders and that the police imposed limits on their access to the party’s 24, Akbar Road headquarters. Only 15 AICC office-bearers, according to the party, were allowed to enter.

For the second day in a row, all routes leading to the AICC offices were blocked. Congress leaders and employees, including women, were grabbed, pulled, and thrown into buses and police cars. Many of them claimed they were arrested and kept at various police stations in Delhi until late at night. “We have been imprisoned at Badarpur police station the whole day… without any fault, without any justification…” tweeted Deepender Hooda, who was jailed alongside Rajya Sabha member K C Venugopal.
“We had apprehended 217 persons, including some prominent Congress functionaries, from New Delhi district and transported [them] to other police stations,” said Special Commissioner of Police (Law & Order) Sagar Preet Hooda. They’ve now been released. Because Section 144 had been imposed, authorities had also refused them permission to organise a gathering today.”

Rahul, who was interrogated for about 11 hours on Monday, visited the party headquarters on Tuesday and talked with senior leaders before proceeding to the ED office. Several leaders attempted to accompany him, but were apprehended by police and loaded into buses and sent to various police stations.

The Congress released video of its Rajya Sabha MP Jebi Mather being dragged by the police. The police transported her and prominent party leaders to Vasant Kunj police station, including Randeep Surjewala and NSUI president Neeraj Kundan. Other politicians were taken to Badarpur police station, including Lok Sabha MPs Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury and Gaurav Gogoi, as well as Rajya Sabha MPs Venugopal, Hooda, and Ranjeet Ranjan. Other leaders were escorted to police stations in Mandir Marg, Narela, and Fatehpur Beri. Ashok Gehlot and Bhupesh Baghel, the party’s two chief ministers, stated they were barred from visiting police stations to speak with party leaders and workers. Baghel said that he was stopped while driving to the Badarpur police station. Baghel claimed, “I was stopped near Apollo Hospital.” Gehlot claimed he was prevented from getting to the police station on Mandir Marg. “The country is witnessing police brutalities and crimes at the instigation of the ruling regime,” Chowdhury stated.